For the first time in my life I found myself awaiting Christmas without the anticipation of family coming or of us traveling to see family. It was a little scary.
So the old man and I decided that a Christmas vacation all on our own was in order. We planned our route, packed our bags and relieved ourselves and the children of the traditional Christmas gift giving and set off to Canada. We didn't really skip Christmas because we found Holiday cheer everywhere we went. We just skipped the craziness. I have to admit it wasn't half bad.
One of the many gorgeous waterways we happened upon.
Christmas Eve in Victoria in a charming bed and breakfast.
The site of the Winter Olympics

The lovely Butchart Gardens
100 year old Abbeymoore Manor
Japanese garden at Butchart Gardens
Christmas Eve Chinese Food
Float plane over Vancouver
Capilano Suspension Bridge
Aerial view of an amazing city


2 comments:
What a great idea! Skyler and I think about doing something like this every Christmas, but then we realize that his mom would kill us if we didn't spend Christmas with her. Vancouver looks beautiful!
How fun! I miss you guys. We spent Christmas alone this year as well. It was a first for our little family but it was great! So glad you had a good Christmas vacation.
Post a Comment